Application for 2021/22: https://www.gs.cuhk.edu.hk/admissions/programme/social-science#ma-in-sociology
All required supporting documents should be ^mailed to the Office of the Sociology Division before the application deadline.
The required supporting documents include:
- Submit Online Application Form (https://www.gradsch.cuhk.edu.hk/onlineapp/programme_list.aspx?FAC=ATS&ACT=);
- Official transcripts* and grading schemes of all tertiary level studies attended by applicants*; (Applicants holding CUHK qualification(s) may submit photocopies of their CUHK transcripts (student copy). However, unofficial copy downloaded from CUSIS will not be accepted.)
- Copies of degree certificates;
- Applicants who obtained degrees from universities in Mainland China are required to provide an Online Verification Report of Higher Education Qualification Certificate (教育部學歷證書電子註冊備案表) issued by the CHESICC(學信網).
- Documents showing the applicant has fulfilled the Graduate School’s English Language Proficiency Requirement#
- Confidential Recommendations from Two referees* (It is required to use the standard electronic/paper Confidential Recommendation form. Applicant can input information of the TWO referees through the “Online Application System for Postgraduate Programmes” after the submission of application.);
- Photocopy of Identity Documents;
- All applicants should submit a two-page A4 size Statement of Purpose written in English or Chinese. In the Statement, you shall state why you are interested in the programme and reasons you find yourself suitable for the programme.
^ Mailing address:
Department of Sociology
Room 431, Sino Building, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N.T. Hong Kong
Please write your application numbers on the cover of your envelope.
* Official Transcripts and Confidential Recommendation must reach the Office of the Sociology Division directly from the University and referees.
# For TOFEL / IELTS, only the original valid official score report sent directly from the respective test organization to the University will be accepted. Original examinee’s score report will not be accepted (TOFEL – The University’s institution code is 0812. IELTS – please fill in the contact information of the Division of Sociology on Question 23 of the IELTS Application Form.)
Successful applications will be recommended to Graduate School for admission. Applicants may login to the Online Application System for Postgraduate Programmes (https://www.gradsch.cuhk.edu.hk/OnlineApp/login.aspx) from December 2020 to August 2021 to check the result and perform the registration including accept/decline admission offer.
1st Round : 1 December 2020
2nd Round : 28 February 2021